I'm Ruthie Darling - An English Girl In New York.
I moved to NYC from London 9 years ago and I now reside in Bushwick, Brooklyn.
I am a writer and photographer and have worked with many publications and brands in NYC and London. I like to shoot portraits, interiors, fashion and streetstyle. I enjoy writing about life in New York, particularly Bushwick, interior design, events and my passion project: mothers and daughters.
Some fun things about me you may be interested to know:
- If you want to hide something from me, the best way to do that is to leave a voicemail.
- I have traveled to over 37 different countries and lived/worked in London, NYC, Shanghai and Monte Carlo (I was a singer at the Casino there. Wild!)
- American cheese is not cheese. I am starting a one woman grassroots campaign to stop this lie.
- Bali and India are my most lusted after travel locations.
- I can rap the Prince Of Bel Air Theme tune, but insist on only using my native British accent to do so.
- Marmite is my true love
- When I'm not shooting or writing, I can be found appearing in musicals around the USA and sometimes swinging from a trapeze. (If you're interested you can google-stalk me under my real name Ruthie Stephens.)
Feel free to send me your thoughts, comments, presents, cash, yachts, shoes and cheese to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruthie Darling xoxo